Thanks to the evil tag monster, otherwise known as Jams from The Poor Mouth , today you get to hear about what was number one in the charts when I was 18. (Only last week, you know.)
Apparently…in this meme you should:-
1. Go to www.popculturemadness.com
2. Pick the year you turned 18 (look to the side bar and there are tabs for Billboard number 1 hits for each decade)
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year
4. Write something about how the song affected you
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends
Hmmm, well according to that site, in 1994 the number one was I’ll Make Love to You by Boyz II Men. Sadly, not my style, but then none of the 90s songs were! So I’m rebelling slightly and also checking the UK chart to see if it’s any better.
Nope, number one in the UK was Baby Come Back by Pato Banton. (Who?)
Well, how the song affected me, well…’hey that’s cheesy, where’s the off button.’ Will that do?
I don’t think that anyone will thank me for a tag, as I’ve been over generous lately , so if you want to do it, let me know in my comments box.
I did like this though: